Vegetariabean

Being a vegetarian for more than eleven years, people are always asking me...BUT WHAT DO YOU EAT? Hopefully this blog will give readers some insight into the world of vegetarianism, and inspire those teetering but afraid of lack of food choices, to take that final step.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rockaway Taco

I've been hearing a lot about Rockaway Taco. Since it's a seasonal place and the summer is almost over I had to check it out before it was too late. I haven't been to Rockaway Beach in quite a few years and I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful it was, and cleaner than I remembered. Although with all of the new condos and hipsters I was thrown off thinking I was in Williamsburg for a second, I got over it pretty quickly. Rockaway Taco is steps from the beach, they pump reggae music, grow their vegetables on the roof and have some vegetarian and vegan options. I got a fresh water melon juice, tofu taco with guacamole, and a quesadilla with cheese, sweet plantain, and black beans. The black beans tasted deliciously homemade. The quesadilla was my favorite, and the tofu taco was pretty good. They also make their own hot sauce and vinegared hot jalapeno/onion/carrot mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment