Vegetariabean

Being a vegetarian for more than eleven years, people are always asking me...BUT WHAT DO YOU EAT? Hopefully this blog will give readers some insight into the world of vegetarianism, and inspire those teetering but afraid of lack of food choices, to take that final step.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Farmer's Market

Jackson Heights has a great farmer's market on 34th ave, between 77th and 78th streets. If you live in New York, there are many farmer's markets, and about nine in Queens.  Today I picked up just a few tomatoes, cucumbers, chiles, apples and peaches. 

I also bought some juice from Red Jacket Orchards.  If you live in New York, you have to try this juice.  Their Cranberry Apple Cider is so delicious.  They also make nectars, apple sauce and jams.  Today I bought just regular apple cider. Check out their website for all the info.  Aside from farmer's markets, they also sell their products at some stores in the city.  Last thing I bought was a sweet potato knish. It tasted ok, though the corn in it kinda threw me off.  This was nothing compared to the sweet potato knishes at Katz's Deli that I dream about.

No comments:

Post a Comment