Vegetariabean

Being a vegetarian for more than eleven years, people are always asking me...BUT WHAT DO YOU EAT? Hopefully this blog will give readers some insight into the world of vegetarianism, and inspire those teetering but afraid of lack of food choices, to take that final step.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

For The Italian In Me

It's been pretty dreary here in New York.  I was headed out the other day to grab some sushi before work and the second I got outside it started pouring.  I turned right back around and decided to make some comfort food.  My favorite food is spaghetti with fried eggplant.  I didn't have time for all of that in one meal so here are are two separate meals I had this week. First I made some homemade sauce with thick spaghetti.


Make sure to top it off with some extra virgin olive oil, freshly grated cheese, and fresh basil.

Earlier on in the week, I made a fried eggplant sandwich. For this sandwich you will need:
-Two fried eggplant slices
-Two slices of swiss or provolone cheese
-Thinly sliced tomato
-Thinly sliced cucumber
-Thinly sliced onion
-Whatever kind of roll you like
-Italian balsamic dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment